24-7 Brampton & Mississauga Impaired Driving Lawyers Free Help Hotline Call 647-490-7660
Impaired Driving Defence Is Very Complex & Conviction For DUI Has Life Altering Affects Like Criminal Record
Brampton Criminal Lawyers & Peel Region DUI Lawyers Can Help You Navigate The Process
Detailed Color Information Graphic & Video Overview of Impaired Driving Defence Process in Brampton Court
Free Advice From A Impaired Driving Lawyers | Affordable Rates & Payment Plans
Brampton Lawyers For DUI Cases Near You
If you have been pulled over in the Brampton and Mississauga area because you were driving recklessly, too fast, or too slow, you probably need a DUI or DWI attorney. When this happens, you can be accused of:
- Over 0.80 mg of alcohol in the blood
- Impaired Driving for consuming alcohol, cannabis, or other drugs
- Decline to Present a Sample
According to Section 253(1) of the Canadian Criminal Code, any person who operates a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs commits the offence of “over 80.”
These charges are usually a consequence of not doing necessary physical activities, breath smell of alcohol, or speaking clearly.
Your best option for fighting these charges is contacting a Brampton DUI defense lawyer immediately after you have been accused. Having by your side, a Brampton DUI lawyer will give you a fair chance in court.
The truth is that being apprehended for and accused with a DUI or DWI will have a profound impact on your life. For first-time offenders, you’ll probably have your license suspended, and you can face fines, high court costs, a criminal record, and even jail time.
A DUI accusation is severe, and you will need a criminal lawyer near you.
According to Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer, there are four crucial things you must do after you’ve been charged:
1. Stop Driving
After you have been accused and released from jail, you need to contact someone to take you home. Probably your licence will be suspended after the DUI charges so you won’t be allowed to drive. Don’t risk committing another fault by driving home. You don’t want to add more legal problems.
2. A Promise To Appear Notice
The police will give you a Promise to Appear Notice to let you know when you need to appear in court regarding your DUI charge. According to Brampton DWI lawyers, it’s imperative not to lose, forget, or dismiss your court date.
Once you’re released, write down the date and time for your court appearance. Prioritize this date and make arrangements if you need to, to avoid any conflict on that day.
Besides the Promise To Appear Notice, the time and date will also appear the court location and court number you must go to. In the Brampton and Mississauga Area criminal court is located at:
- Brampton (A. Grenville & William Davis) Courthouse
3. Contact A Brampton DWI and Mississauga DUI Lawyer
Even though you might think that you don’t need a Brampton DUI lawyer, you need to consider that a DUI charge and conviction usually have negative repercussions on all aspects of your life.
A Brampton DUI criminal attorney can help you find the best defence strategy for your case.
It’s essential to understand that’s always a wise idea to plead not guilty in your court hearing. When you have an expert criminal defence lawyer, you can fight the charges by proving that the breathalyzer was faulty or that you weren’t able to pass the sobriety test because you were anxious or afraid.
A DUI attorney will help you prove you are not guilty. Besides, a Brampton DUI lawyer will guide you through all the steps. Even if you’re found guilty, a Brampton DUI lawyer can give you the wisdom to complete your sentence sooner and get back to your life faster.
Call Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer Plug at (647) 490-7660 and request your free consultation. At Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer Plug, we have the skills and experience to help you go through one of the most challenging episodes of your life.
4. Have A Plan
Having a defence plan, regardless of how you want to plead, makes the process smoother.
When you call Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer Plug and request your free consultation, make sure to bring any paperwork, including the Promise To Appear Notice, so that you can discuss a proper defence strategy with an experienced DUI Brampton lawyer.
According to Brampton lawyers for DUI, if you’re pleading not guilty, it’s imperative to have a criminal defence lawyer with you. The excellent idea is to record your recollections of what happened during the incident, and don’t forget to include testimonies from people who were with you.
How Much Does A DUI Lawyer Cost In Brampton
When you have been indicted for a DUI crime, you’re probably wondering two things:
- How much does a DUI lawyer cost in the Brampton and Mississauga Area?
- Do I need a Brampton DUI lawyer or a public defender?
The answer to these questions varies from case to case. However, the long-term consequences of a DUI conviction can last for a lifetime, so believe me having a competent Brampton DUI lawyer by your side is worthwhile.
When you’re facing a DUI or DWI case, you need to look and hire the best and most skillful attorney you can afford. After all, you’re protecting yourself from a conviction and a criminal record.
Having a criminal record have many negative consequences, such as:
- Employment – Usually, people with a criminal record would not be selected for an interview in a well-paying job.
- Loans – It’s challenging to get a mortgage, auto loan, business loan, or any loan if you’re convicted with a DUI offence.
- Landlords – When you’re convicted with a criminal charge, it’s harder to be approved by a prospective tenant.
- Immigration Status – Being convicted can have terrible consequences for your immigration status.
- Travel Restrictions – A DUI conviction can prevent you from traveling to other countries, including the United States.
- Family Matters – Some family courts might consider that it is in the children’s best interest to stay away from a parent with a criminal record.
- Insurance – When you’re convicted with a DUI or DWI offence, your insurance cost can increase by up to 80%.
- License Suspend or Revoke – For first-time offenders, and after you’re charged with a DUI offence your license is suspended. But if you have multiple DUIs, your license can be revoked.
As you can see, there are many future implications of being convicted that are much higher than hiring a Brampton DUI Lawyer. At Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer Plug, you are granted a free consultation, and we offer the best defence services at the most competitive price.
Call (647) 490-7660 and talk to one of our experienced Brampton drunk driving lawyers for free. You deserve to have the best defence throughout the criminal process.
What Determines Your Brampton DUI Lawyer Cost?
As mentioned, one of the most common questions is how much are DUI attorneys in the Brampton and Mississauga area. The answer to this question will depend on each case, but some factors can determine your Brampton DUI lawyer cost.
These elements are:
- The trial length – How many days the DUI attorney will need to work in your case. Keep in mind that most DWI and DUI cases only last a couple of days.
- The difficulty of your case – Another critical aspect is how challenging your case is. This include:
- Number of witnesses
- Expert reports
- The amount of time – The more hours your Brampton DUI lawyer will have to work in the case, it will determine the final cost.
- Hiring experts: A DUI lawyer’s price depends on whether there is a need to hire a private investigator, an expert, or a toxicologist.
Other elements can establish your Brampton DUI lawyer’s cost, but the fee usually depends on the case’s complexity.
How Often do Brampton Lawyers Win DUI Cases?
If you’re wondering if it is worth fighting a DUI offence in Brampton? The answer is yes.
Being charged and convicted with a DUI offence in Brampton will profoundly impact your life as it’s considered a criminal offence in Ontario.
You’re facing severe consequences if you’re found guilty in a DUI case. It’s vital to fight the case against you so that it gets dismissed. If you choose to plead guilty, you will have a criminal record and several negative impacts in your life.
You can get a DUI dismissed by calling Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer to receive the help you need. At Lawyer Plug, we have DUI attorneys that can prepare a defence strategy for your case.
You have to keep in mind that getting a DUI dismissed in the Brampton and Mississauga area is not impossible, but it depends on the case’s facts.
DUI cases are all different, and you need an expert’s legal advice to know how to challenge the accusations.
An experienced Brampton DUI lawyer knows how to dismiss a case.
For even more information about DUI and Drinking & Driving Defence Laws in Ontario visit what we think is the most extensive over view on the consequences of drinking and driving in Canada.
If you have been arrested for drinking and driving this information is invaluable if you attend to plead not guilty.
Call Richmond Hill Affordable Criminal Lawyer Plug if you have been charged with a DUI or DWI offence. You don’t have to face the Canadian legal system alone.
At Lawyer Plug the first consultation is free, and we can discuss payment plans. Call (647) 490-7660 to receive the reliable legal advice. We know how to defend you in all Ontario courthouses, including Brampton and Mississauga.