Drug & Trafficking Charges
Drug possession and trafficking charges are brought under the Controlled Drugs & Substances Act (CDSA) and include:
- Simple possession of a controlled substance
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession for the purpose of importing or exporting a controlled substance
- Trafficking in a controlled substance
- Importing or exporting a controlled substance
- Production of a controlled substance
Drug and trafficking charges for substances like cocaine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, and heroin and fentanyl are serious and should be addressed by a lawyer as soon as you become aware of the fact that you have been charged or are under investigation. The Federal Crown pursues these charges aggressively and a conviction for some of these offences may result in some of the most severe penalties and lengthy terms of imprisonment available. Moreover, a conviction for any criminal offence will result in a criminal record, which can negatively impact many areas of your life including your reputation, your ability to maintain or obtain employment, and your ability to travel to other countries like the United States.
Now is not the time to delay! Your reputation, future, and freedom are too important. In all cases, you are well advised to immediately speak with Mr. McKee so he can evaluate your case, get your side of the story, and relentlessly defend you against your charges.