Assault & Domestic Violence
Assault offences involve intentionally applying, attempting, or threatening to apply force to another individual without their consent. The different types of assault include:
- Assault with a weapon
- Assault causing bodily harm
- Aggravated assault
- Assaulting a peace officer
- Assaulting a peace officer with a weapon
- Assaulting a peace officer causing bodily harm
- Aggravated assault of a peace officer
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault with a weapon
- Sexual Assault causing bodily harm
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
The sentence imposed for an assault conviction depends on the type of assault and the circumstances of each individual case. Nevertheless, a conviction for any criminal offence will result in a criminal record, which can negatively impact many areas of your life including your reputation, your ability to maintain or obtain employment, and your ability to travel to other countries like the United States. In addition, a conviction for these offences may carry other penalties, including a potentially lengthy term of imprisonment.
Now is not the time to delay! Your reputation, future, and freedom are too important. In all cases, you are well advised to immediately speak with Mr. McKee so he can evaluate your case, get your side of the story, and relentlessly defend you against your charges.